Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Underwater Trout Photography



Today, one of my earliest customers ( 1987 or so ), Andrew Maurer stopped by. Andrew is a graphic artist and photographer by profession that also happens to have a passion for trout and the beautiful places that they exist. The photos above are examples of his work. Andrew has spent a lot of time photographing trout underwater. Check out his beautiful work on his website troutstreamdesign.com. He also left some of his framed and matted photographs at the shop that are available for $120.00.

2 comments:

Dano said...

I had a wonderful visit to the Merced River where I have always loved to fish. This time I brought along a mask instead of rod and reel. I had a remarkable time swimming deep into pools where the trout did not seem to fear me at all. This resulted in me doing some underwater scounting of new fly fishing locations. I have to admit I found some incredible new holes abudant with trout. Now I keep a mask and flippers with my gear. If I cant beat I simply join them. DM

Dano said...

I have also found a new way to keep my favorite river beautiful. I cannot dive without bringing up with me glass bottles, lures, lead weights, tangled fishing line and the occasional bead head fly.