Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My First Bass on a Pole Dancer!

A bunch of members of the Stanislaus Fly Fishers and I went out to the Kistler Ranch this evening to fish for bass. I only had about two hours of fishing after leaving the store about 5:30 PM. It was beautiful evening. 


I landed a couple of small bass on my friend Ron Fisher's version of a KDM Rat ( check out this video I shot of a KDM Rat in action ). Kevin Doran of Delta Advenures Guide Service is the developer of this fly pattern. The bass did not seem to be in a particularly active mood this evening. As I moved down along the edge of the pond, I encountered more open water and decided to try the Pole Dancer ( see earlier blog entry ). After making several casts along the weedline, I pleasantly surprised by a splashy take by 13-14" bass. My first bass on the Pole Dancer! I landed another bass shortly afterward. This bass took the fly without even working it. I can't wait to fish this fly on the stripers this fall when they're chasing threadfin shad!


2 comments:

richardrust02@gmail.com said...

Thanks for the report. Enjoying your blog.

Sierra Anglers said...

Hi richardrust02@gmail.com, Thank you! Hope you're getting some fishing in! Take care!
Bob